present Boynton Woman's Club, 1010 S. Federal
Highway, designed by famed architect, Addison Mizner, was
built 1925-1926 for $50,000. The cornerstone was laid in
1932 and the building and property was dedicated to Major
Nathan Smith Boynton, whose heirs had contributed $35,000
toward this memorial to him. It housed the community's
library until 1961 and continues to serve as a meeting
place for social and service groups.
houses a mural history of Boynton Beach, painted by
noted muralist, Bernard P. Thomas (1918-1994) for the
Boynton Woman's Club.
Thomas also conducted art classes at the clubhouse and
his students painted the background scenery for the
The Boynton Woman's Club was organized and is operated
exclusively for charitable and educational purposes
within the means of Section 501C (3) of the IRC. The
Club is a community service organization. Each member is
expected to be a working member serving as best able to
as Memorial to Major Nathan Smith Boynton, founder of
Designed for club by Addison Mizner,
famed architect of South Florida.
Boynton edifice on National
Register of Historic Places in America,
Boynton edifice recognized by
Colonial Dames of America. FIRST Boynton edifice to
League of Cities "Great Floridian"
plaque for famed artist, Bernard Thomas.
Public Library site in Boynton.
Sixteen thousand square feet
Ballroom - Upstairs Salon and
Dining Room - Downstairs.
Restored under direction of Mizner
Foundation of Boynton Beach, Inc.
On-going restoration & renewal requisite to
preserving heritage of Boynton Beach.
Boynton Woman's Club operates and
maintains clubhouse for benefit of
Home | | Join Our Club | |
Banquet Room | |
Contact Us | |Photo Gallery
For our online membership
Rental of part or
all of the building are available year round.
Rental can be with
your own caterer, no caterer or with the managing catering
Inquiries should be directed to:
Boynton Beach Catering
1470 S.W. 8th St.
Boynton Beach, Fl 33426
Click here for
diagram of all BWC rooms
Back to top
Tuesday April 23, 2013 09:38:49 AM